Wednesday, September 19, 2018


Tuesday, September 18, 2018
92 minutes
Learning Targets:
I can read and understand an academic argument
I can analyze cartoons for their underlying messages
I can discuss my ideas and listen to my classmates’ ideas

     1.   Student Rights and Responsibilities handbook handed out and discussed (Vice Principal Mitacek)
     2.   SSR

     3.   Free-write: What are your favorite cartoons?  Make a list. Also, what are some lessons you learned about life from your favorite cartoons? 

     4.   In pairs, share your free-writes. 

     5.   Read  and take notes on Ariel Dorfman’s excerpt from The Empire’s Old Clothes

  6.               Charting Cartoons: Students watch and take notes on chart on Popeye Meets Ali Baba’s Forty Thieves (About 17 minutes)   



HOMEWORK: Read for at least 30 minutes from your SSR book


No comments:

Post a Comment